Tuesday 13 September 2011

Portrait: Katie

 So this is a portrait of the only person to take my offer up of me drawing them.
Its not perfect but I feel at least I'm getting better with the shading and hair techniques and I'm getting close to doing a solid photorealistic drawing if a can get the proportions right.

Anyhow I thought I would give so insight to how i draw it.
 In a 2H I sketch out the guidelines and try to get an idea of what goes where.

 Next I fade the lines with a rubber and using a 2B pencil to do the skin tones, I use stumps to help with blending.

 Still using a 2B I start the first layer of hair, I usea brush to help with this.

I then use a 4B and a putty rubber to add depth to the hair and a 2H to add stray hairs.
I then focus on a few final details like the eyes before getting the result a the top.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Calvin - I haven't forgotten to send you a couple of photos for you to do some drawing with if you still have the time. Really enjoying your COG BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete